Sunday, April 22, 2007

Accumulation of debt [1]



There is a lass [translation = guy] I know over at "Autism Twins," who has burdened my already over burdened 'to do' list with a tag. Do not ask me to translate 'tag,' just think of the kiddy winky game of chase.

The 'meme' thing is lost on my too. You see references to it all over the shop, [translation = place] but I don't have time to research it's origins as well.

I gather that the purpose of the exercise is to introduce blogging pals to other blogging chums. I imagine the theory is as follows - this is what I enjoy reading, maybe you will too? [Feel free to bounce in at any time and correct me at any time.]

Alternatively, it is a challenge to improve one's linky dinky talents, or lack thereof.

Here are a few fellows [translation = guys] in random order, whom I hereby tag, [translation = request to do likewise]

1. Kristina Chew was/is one of my first buddies in cyberspace. You can visit her in her "Mommy" blog or in her "autism" blog," where she inadvertently demonstrates that she has the biggest brain on the planet.

2. "Memphis Steve," is a gentleman of youthful exuberance, who makes me laugh and educates me as to the peculiar ways of my fellow Americans. You can see an alternative view "here."

3. Whilst I hate this bias towards youth, during my own advancing years, but there is also my recent acquaintance with a woman determined to celebrate the many, the oh so many "Joys" in life.

I nip along here to recalibrate my barometer, when I know that I am losing touch with reality and to remind myself, how the majority of people live their lives in such great and blissful variety.

4. This is a weird one, in the best possible sense of the word 'weird.' This is a meeting of minds, a shared sense of humour - cynical, irreverent and captivating.

She enjoys the fringe benefit of slapping me back into my place [bottom rung of the ladder] every time I get out of shape. [translation = ideas above my {foreign} station]

Perhaps we can persuade her to translate and advise us all, as to the correct pronunciation of such a name as "Haddayr," - damned foreigners.

5. "Here" we find a daily cartoon can lighten the load. My daily dose of good cheer. Delightful.

Cheers dears

N.B. Although I was tagged in my "whitterer" mode, I have to post here to avoid confusion - I hope?

Rules for participation:
1. If, and only if, you are tagged above, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

1 comment:

Memphis said...

I am proud to be included in the list of blogs that make you think. Even if I only make you think about poop and farts and the need to buy more toilet paper. At least I'm somehow stimulating someone's mind somewhere in the world. I'll try to do my share of the tag at some point today. But then you have to come and read it, you know